Friday, October 4, 2024

Regularly scheduled programming

Back to regular life posts, LOL. Remember the little side table I commissioned dd to make? It turned out perfect and I was able to get it from her when we were at their place. I had to pay her back for the piece of wood (I had purchased the legs on my Amazon account), a whopping $15, but I added $50 for her time (she stained it with some leftover she had). I also gave her a $50 Amazon gift card for taking us to the cruise pier and picking us up.

I just got the bill for dh's prostate MRI. What the heck? There wasn't any provider adjustment for it! I don't think I've ever gotten an insurance explanation of benefits where they didn't write off part of it. Seems odd. So, they say I owe the whole amount of $2187 (went to deductible). The bill I got from the company that read the image, had a discounted rate. I just called my insurance company and asked about it and she said it's because the provider actually billed insurance at the contracted rate. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before! LOL. She said it's rare, haha.

What else is going on.....dh can't seem to get over this Covid. I'm pretty much over it. A little residual coughing during the day, but most of my energy is back to normal. 

I still have not received my mom's last social security payment. I suppose I should call on it, AGAIN, but it's obviously not doing any good to call. Maybe next week, I'll call, and see if I can get an update on it.

Remember a week or so before our trip I was stressing that dh's prescription refill wouldn't arrive in time, and he would run out a day or two before we got back? Apparently I cannot add! He still had like 2 weeks past that. I have no idea how I counted the pills/days left wrong, LOL.

I now have the shipping label to return dh's new computer to Dell. It's through FedEx and I thought I would just be able to run it into the little grocery store in town. I know they take UPS drop off packages. Well, decided to double check and they do not take FedEx. Nearest is in the city almost an hour away. Ugh. We do have a package being delivered by FedEx sometime tomorrow - I am hoping we can catch them when they come and give them the computer package at the same time. If not, I guess I'll be making a trip into the city.

5 comments:

  1. Well, at least you made the addition error in the right direction!
    Wow! The table is lovely! Are those “easy out” recliners in the picture? If so, do you have outlets in the floor, or a battery pack? I am debating getting another one, as it was THE MOST comfortable chair ever. I have been holding off because our (manual, leather wing back recliners) float in the tv room, they aren’t against a wall. The couch should have been floating, but with DH’s recovery, I changed the arrangement—I didn’t want him having to walk around the couch to get to his chair. I don’t have floor outlets, so I would need the battery pack, but I am wondering how big it is/how reliable.
    Yeah, COVID—I suffered the most. It wasn’t debilitating, just a lingering dry cough, and fatigue. I need to get my booster, but I am finally feeling as close to 100% as I have in a long time, so I have been putting it off all while reminding the kids (and by “reminding” some may say nagging) to get theirs. DH barely coughed when COVID went through our house. I hope your husband feels better soon.
    Enjoy your weekend! Let me know about those chairs. Darn, I wish you were still in the PNW-/I would trade a week of baked goods and a dozen beeswax candle for a furniture arranging consultation.
    -Meg B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the table too! My furniture is just an inexpensive set (sofa, loveseat and recliner) from Ashley. We were so out of money by the time the house was done, this is all I could afford (to pay cash and not on credit) to get, LOL. I like the looks of it, but it's not very good quality, but for 2 of us and we aren't hard on it, so it will last us awhile. The recliner is very comfortable to me (Ashely "Bladen" line)

      We do have a floor outlet with 4 plug ins, which is handy for sure.

      Delete
    2. Fun fact: in my early days of college I wanted to be an interior designer and then decided I'd be better cut out to do accounting, LOL.

      Delete
  2. I noticed that a lot of my comments don't appear here. Maybe it's something on my end. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what the problem is :( I have issues sometimes where I want to comment on someone's blog and it won't let me sign in as me to make the comment.

      Delete