Thursday, October 17, 2024

Orders, reorders and returns

I'm getting very low on cat food. Walmart only carries what I get Amos in little 7 pound bags. Not very economical. Costco doesn't carry it. I usually either order online from Petsmart or Chewy and get the big 17 pound bag. But, it still never enough for free shipping, so I have to find other stuff to add. Sometimes I need litter, but I don't right now. I decided to get a 3 pack of flea and tick treatment. I don't need it until next spring now, but right now Petsmart was having 20% off (but not for the food), so I saved $5 on that, plus Rakuten is offering 10% cash back on Petsmart right now, so I saved another $5.30 that I will get back with their rebate.

DH had me re-order from Amazon, the John Deer mower filter kit he changes every year, after mowing season. I had just done a reorder of what we've ordered the last 3 years. Well, he had the lawn tractor all ready to do the maintenance (this was Monday) and opened the box and saw it's not the right parts. He was all mad, thinking I must have ordered the wrong one. I didn't think so, since I just did "re-order". I went and looked it up what I ordered and it was part# LG257 but they sent us part# LG275. GRRR!!! I am now returning and re-ordered it again (hopefully they will send the right one this time, I called the seller company to make sure).

The lamp socket I ordered came yesterday and dh replaced it on the floor lamp and it works again now. Yay! That saved probably $200 for a nice new lamp. I'm glad to have some lighting back, in the evenings, while I'm sitting in the recliner. I've been using the sconces on the walls, but that just feels weird, LOL.

DH is up and about now this morning. A little less pain, by the time his 6 hours between pain pills was up, but still needs to take some. The pain (nor the nausea feeling) is not gone yet. We're just trying to keep his diet really bland. And he's just trying not to do to much. I know he overdid it Monday with the 3-4 hours of yard work, which probably didn't help whatever is going on, plus he's been eating a lot of meat lately, which he should really avoid as much as possible.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad he feels somewhat better. Is he cutting down on Mt. Dew? My father and his mother both died of pancreatic cancer, the head of pancreas. Take care. Have they tested him for cancer? I always have lamps repaired because I buy antiques that survived for 100 years, just don't work.

    ReplyDelete