Thursday, October 10, 2024

I remembered

About halfway through the day yesterday I remember what I wanted to check on prices with Amazon Prime sale. A blood pressure monitor and a pulse oximeter. Then we can return the one's a friend lent us, and have on hand. I also had recently heard we could get more free Covid tests from the gov't, so I ordered those to have on hand, as well. When I went downstairs to grab some lunch I saw the BP monitor and pulseox on dh's desk and then it triggered my memory, LOL.

I had also checked on the Optase eye drops I use, the first day of Prime Days and it wasn't on sale. Then it showed in browser history and showed it was 20% off yesterday, so I also got 2 of those. That saved about $4 per bottle. I also ended up getting most of dd's Christmas presents from the Prime sale, haha. I got her a board game she had on her list, a puzzle and a cribbage board. I still need to get her a birthday present, but it's too soon to order/have delivered and the Christmas gifts I will just have come here to wrap and we'll likely see them Christmas. 

Starting around 7am yesterday morning neighbors dogs were barking and barking. Honestly, now that they only have 2 dogs instead of 3, the barking sounds just the same and just as annoying. Off and on all morning. What the heck! When dh went out to get our mail, down at the entrance to our street, he figured out why. There was some road construction (repainting the lines) going on and they had part of the road blocked off, with a pace truck, that was using our street to pull in and turn around each time, so hence the dogs going nuts constantly. Oh, and the workers are too stupid to stop the paint line a bit BEFORE they are crossing over to turn around, so now there's yellow paint going across the lane and into our street. Nice. Hopefully they are done using our street today. I haven't heard any barking yet and it's almost 8am.

I see that the computer I shipped back to Dell last Friday is finally arriving at their place in Texas today. Kind of annoying that it was shipped ground (and takes a whole week). Hopefully they fix it fast. I was told it would be sent back via overnight shipping. So far dh using my mom's old computer is working out ok, but of course being old, it's a bit slow. But, I'm glad I kept it, as a back up. Just never thought I'd be using it as a back up for a brand new computer. It's fairly compact to store, since the CPU is built into the monitor.

I want to get into Costco again soon. It's been quite awhile since we last went and I'd like to go and get stocked up on some stuff for the freezer and other stuff. I wish I was more familiar with what all foods they sell (and how much the quantity of it is). Like eggs....I'm sure they sell eggs, but how many do you have to buy? I don't want like 5 dozen LOL.

4 comments:

  1. That wonky yellow line sounds like a hazard. Call and complain, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're about to dump our two old computers; maybe we should hang on, a spare computer sounds like a sensible backup.
    A young man I know is about to clear his dad's house.
    There's a large drawer containing every phone his dad's ever owned, going back to the big old brick ones!

    ReplyDelete