Friday, October 11, 2024

Sky view

I finally got to see the Aurora Borealis....because it's now getting dark before my bedtime, LOL. Got some neat pictures



DH went out on our back patio a little later to look and said he could hear a mountain lion nearby, so he came back in LOL.

We are still wondering what is going on with that 2nd 2 acre lot DAN supposedly sold at the same time he sold lot right next to us sold. Three months later the property is still showing DAN as the owner. The big for sale sign on the tree is still there, but there has never been a new listing put out for this lot. Bizarre. That lot was supposedly being purchased by the 80 year old guy.

We must have missed meeting the couple that bought the lot next to us. Their son had told us they were coming up to see it in September, so it must have happened one of the 2 weekends we were gone in Sept, for our cruise.

Yesterday some crew was out, putting what we think must be fiber optics cabling in the ground along the main road, out in the easement area. There have been little orange flags along the side of the road for what seems like years now, LOL. We were told that was to mark where fiber optics will go in some day. Not sure what else it could be, but the telephone companies website that has some info on where they are adding fiber optics right now/near future, says nothing about our area. It sure would be nice to have better internet one of these days. 

I am glad it's Friday. This has felt like a long week, for some reason.

5 comments:

  1. I didn’t go out to see the northern lights last night,(too cold) but I have amazing pictures from this summer. I have to laugh though, about being able to see them because it’s finally getting dark before your bedtime. Any pictures I am in this summer show me in my bathrobe! I am so ready to go back to standard time this month. I truly dislike daylight savings time. I like it light when I wake up and dark before I go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are at the beginning geographically for our time zone and in the summers it's like 10:15pm before it gets dark all the way. No way I was staying up until 11 or after to see them LOL. Because of the steep mountain side on our eastern side, we always don't see the actual sun popping over until after 8am, though it does get light out, of course, before then.

      Delete
  2. Awesome pics!
    Thanks for sharing;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. About 100 miles north of me and still in Alabama, people are seeing the Aurora Borealis. I looked once, but forgot to go back out.

    ReplyDelete