Tuesday, September 3, 2024

All's well - let's keep it that way

Amos is doing well. The vet had given me 2 anti inflammatory/pain pills to give him. One for yesterday afternoon and one for today. I was wondering how I was going to get this pill down him, without having to force it down him. I had purchased some wet food, so I opened a can and put the little pill in with that and he ate it all up, pill included. He's not having any more swelling and doesn't seem in pain, but if I could get him to take it, at least if he was still in a bit of pain, it would help.

He really wants outside LOL. It's going to be a long week. This morning the top of his paw looks really good, other than it's all shaved all the way up his leg.

I ran into town yesterday morning for a few groceries. I don't know where my mind was, but I should have added a few other things to my list. That's annoying. Too much on my mind with preparing for our trip and then the cat throwing me a loop, I guess. Last night I thought of something I should add to my list to pack, but of course this morning, I can't remember what it was. DH had a good idea. He brought out this small new backpack he had in his gun closet (we got it as a gift when we went to that driving experience when we bought our car) and asked if it might come in handy when we do our shore excursions. I said perfect! I was thinking something like that might be handy, for binoculars and such.

DH washed all the vehicles yesterday. Of course he was very tired afterwards. 

I did pick up an Amazon gift card at the store to give to dd when we get back from the cruise, to thank her for driving us to the pier. I didn't know our little tiny grocery store in town has some gift cards. Good to know.

Still no property tax rebate in the mail. How do they say the payment was processed on 8/23 and it's still not here? I do see from my informed delivery that my side job check is in today's mail, so I'll have that deposited before we leave. I'm still trying to track dh's prescription shipment. The last it's been updated was 5 am Saturday 8/31 when it got to USPS in Denver. It should be here in the next couple of days. It better be!

Ok, I just remembered what I wanted to add to my list for the trip - my old pair of glasses, just in case mine broke. Now I just have to find where I put them!

5 comments:

  1. We haven’t gotten our rebate either. Dd got hers last Friday I think so maybe we will get them this Friday?? When I checked informed delivery this morning I saw we had 7 things so I figured surely the rebate was coming but nope, it’s 7 pieces of junk mail.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure the only thing keeping the USPS in business is junk mail :/

      Delete
  2. Maybe just because it's been processed, it doesn't also mean printed. It could just be waiting in queue.

    Lists are life before a cruise! We just registered for a cruise around Hawaii next year. We'll fly there, have a three or four day 'land tour' of day trips, and then get on the ship and cruise to several ports for seven days.

    ReplyDelete