Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Done and Done!

Late Sunday morning DH decided we'd get the arbors stained/sealed. I hadn't realized he was going to help me with this project. I figured it would just be me and DD working at it. But, he did the spraying and I went over it with a 2nd coat and touch ups with a brush. The sprayer was so-so. It was a cheap one (figured we could just throw out when done, if necessary) and I think the issues with it was more user error than anything, because by the second arbor he did much better with it.

It was still an all day project that was quite a bit of work! I'm glad he was able to spray the majority of it all. DD got home from work after he had sprayed the second (larger) arbor, so then she helped me put a second coat on it.

Happy to be done and I think they look beautiful!



12 comments:

  1. Very nice and civilized looking. Y'all keep it up and pretty soon your home will be on the local garden tour. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of addicting - the more yard and garden things we add, the more I keep thinking would look nice here or there...I'm thinking a pond next :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to get flower growing on them

      Delete
  3. They are beautiful!!! I am hoping to have something like that one day. Great job, hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He did a great job, surprised himself, I think ;)

      Delete
  4. They look really nice! Are you thinking of planting climbing plants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am, next spring. I am going to try and plant climbing sweet pea seeds on the bigger one and clematis on the other one.

      Delete
  5. Love it! Hubby could get a little business going there making these - take orders and customize them?!! Extra $$!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - he said it was too much work for what they seem to sell for ;). There are a couple in our area who make and advertise them for sale on Craigslist. For what I know the wood, bolts and screws cost, they sure aren't making much profit for the time involved to make one.

      Delete