Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How's this for logic?

On Sunday morning I finished reading "Catching Fire", the 2nd book in the Hunger Games series. Of course it left me hanging in suspense and I wanted to start reading the third book right away. I spent all day thinking I didn't want to wait 2 or 3 weeks until I have enough MyPoints to get the $10 B&N gift card for my nook so I could purchase the third book.  Then Sunday night when I went to bed (and usually read for awhile) I had an idea.  I'd buy the book now and then when I have enough points for a $10 gift card I will purchase a Walmart gift card, instead of B&N, to go towards my groceries, thereby replacing the $10 that just came out of my budget! So, I bought it - totally logical, right?!!


4 comments:

  1. That makes sense. I sometimes use that same logic for comparable things. It all evens out and makes your money more flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan...I'll have to start MyPoints again....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes sense to me also. Of course try having two people reading Mockingjay at the same time, not so easy.

    ReplyDelete