So........we were supposed to close on our house yesterday. Are you surprised that hasn't happened?!! Well, of course it hasn't happened. The appraisal was supposed to be turned in last Friday and closing yesterday. I specifically asked if that would be enough time with buyer also getting her 3 day closing disclosures. Oh yes, Saturday counts, blah blah. Our agent must have assured me at least 3 times she was not at all worried about the appraisal.
We asked/listed $300k for our house. Buyer offered $307k, because she wanted to use that extra $7k over asking to get back as an allowance and cover her closing costs. Appraiser came on the 15th and his report was due in by Friday 23rd. Well, apparently that due date actually means he has until midnight Friday. So stupid. Of course he turns it in after business hours, so nobody at lender can even look at it until Monday morning. We find out late Monday afternoon he only appraised it at $300k (he had mentioned when he was leaving here that he hates when agents up the offer to cover closing costs because it's hard for him to appraise more than asking price).
Buyer and agent then expected us to cover at least half of her $7k closing costs! We said No, not going to happen! We are already paying a large commission to sell our house, let alone we are paying OUR closing costs on the house we are buying. We are not paying hers too! By then it's Monday after 5pm. About 6pm we are told she will come up with the money and cover it, but with the appraisal not coming in where she needed it, her loan paperwork was going to have to be re-done and that would take an extra couple days. So then we're told closing Thursday, maybe Friday. No word yesterday, it's apparently not anyone's priority or even their responsibility! Buyer said she even wired the funds to title yesterday, but still hasn't gotten her closing disclosure.
This morning we flipped out on them after they start hinting it probably won't be until next Monday now. A whole week after we were supposed to sign and even as I'm typing this mid day Wednesday, next Monday isn't even a for sure deal and she still hasn't gotten her CD. Agent said it's in lender's hands, then it's blamed on underwriting....then the lender blamed it on the appraiser! What does that still have to wait on with that? supposedly he needed to correct a few items and turn it back in....well, gee - how much more time does he get? it's been 3 days now. Someone start screaming at him to get it in NOW.
We are NOT happy campers to say the least. Late Friday afternoon I specifically called agent and said if you even think this is going to get delayed let me know, because Saturday morning I'm going over and paying $1300 to rent a u-haul and loading it this weekend (when we had people to help us). "oh no, it's all a go. I'm not worried about any of it. At the worst we'll have to close on Wed. Oh, and can I send you an addendum so the buyer can start moving her stuff into your empty garage?" oh sure, let's just accommodate everyone but us.
I took off this week, starting yesterday, so that is a complete waste. I am now trying to work from home the rest of this week. sitting at a counter on a bar stool. everything else is packed up.
Apparently we just have signs on our foreheads that say go ahead and do whatever you want to us, we are doormats, yes we are.