Sunday, October 6, 2024

Weekend whatnot

I managed to catch the FedEx driver yesterday morning. Whew! I had kept watching outside from dh's den window (he was still asleep). To look out the front, we don't have a lot of windows. Our laundry room door, his den window and the windows in our door/sides of door. Or I could stand in my bathtub and pull the curtains back ;) Then dh got up and I started making his egg sandwich. I was still banking on neighbor dogs barking as soon as they pulled into our street. While I was waiting for his english muffins to finish toasting, I walked into the laundry room to look out and saw the FedEx van coming down the main road (runs parallel to our little street), so I turned off the burner with the egg in it, grabbed the box and ran out to give it to him.

I hooked his old computer back up, but while it was working fairly ok when I got the new one, somehow sitting on a shelf in his den, it decided to get worse, LOL. So, I went and got my mom's old computer from the closet upstairs and was able to set that up (it's a computer/monitor type all in one) and also attach one of his monitors. It's working ok - better than his old computer that's for sure. Hopefully the new one will be back soon and no more issues.

Later we went outside and finished getting all the old/dead flowers out of pots and cleaning out the pots to put in storage. The 2 barrels beside the front door are still good with the flowers, so I've left them in for now. It was nice to get outside for a bit and some fresh air. I also walked down to get the mail (dh usually does that). In the mail was a "right angle" charging cord to use in my ipad. If I'm charging while using the ipad, sitting in the recliner, it always bends the cord at the plug in and eventually frays the cord. This new right angle cord should be a much better solution.

DH is going to take my floor lamp apart today and see if there's anyway to fix it, before I order a new lamp socket. 

Last evening we finally got to meet a "neighbor" (I guess around here you can call someone who lives 5 miles away a neighbor when there isn't much else in the way of neighbors in between you, LOL). DH has been conversing with her (Facebook and messenger) since around May. She used to be a nurse and dh was telling her he's still fighting coughing and whatnot from Covid. She said she has a pulse oximeter and she'd run it over, so he/we can just double check. So, it was super nice to finally meet her in person. She's like a year or two older than us, but sadly already lost her husband a couple of years ago. DH's oxygen level was good at 97 and mine was 98 so that's good to know.

She also brought her blood pressure monitor. Whenever dh has had it checked it's always high and he's always refused to go on blood pressure meds when they suggest it. She might be the one who will convince him he should. We'll see. She left both with us, so dh can check for a bit, and then we can get them back to her.

When dd and sil got back on the way home from their hike (7.5 miles), she gave us a photo dump. Just wow! I don't even know which ones to share, LOL. What beauty!




No comments:

Post a Comment