Monday, October 14, 2024

Start of a new week

I managed to wake up at my normal time this morning. But, I'm not feeling in the working mood yet. My sis won't be working for me today, since it's Canadian Thanksgiving. That's good - I'm not feeling in the mood to train or answer questions, LOL. I can just muddle along today with emails and work on some easy stuff, I guess. Hopefully it will just be a quiet work day.

I kind of wish our Thanksgiving was early, like Canada. Would make the time to get ready for Christmas longer and not having 2 major holidays back to back. Sis has her own turkeys they raise, so I'm sure that's what they feasted on. She said a week or so ago they took all but 2 to the processing place. They decided to keep 2 as pets, LOL, as apparently they are quite entertaining.

Yesterday was just a relaxing, be lazy day, pretty much. We did try the carne asada for dinner. I've never had it a mexican restaurant, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I thought it was pretty good. DH said it was ok, but nothing like he's had at restaurants (a couple, in particular, and not around here, haha). It was from Costco, so of course a big package. I separated the rest into 4 "meals" and wrapped in saran and then put those in a freezer bag, to freeze and use later. 

Amos agreed it was just a relaxing Sunday

Not much else new. Another nice sunny day on tap in the low 70's. DH said he heard possible snow in the valleys at the end of this week. If it is it won't be much or stick around. Still too warm.

I can't believe in 6 weeks we'll be decorating for Christmas already, again! This year has gone by so fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment