Saturday, October 5, 2024

Out with the new, in with the old

I have dh's new computer boxed up this morning and now gotta hope I can catch the FedEx driver when they drop of a delivery I have coming today. We have them set up to just leave packages out at our gate, not come all the way in to our door, so sometimes it's hard to catch them, if needed. Hopefully between the 2 of us, and neighbors dogs barking when they pull in, LOL, I'll catch the driver. The estimated delivery window says between 9:30 and 11:30 this morning.

Now, I've got his old computer hooked back up (it seems slow, LOL). Hopefully Dell will figure out the issue with this fan. I have basically the same model of Dell computer (that work sent me) but mine is like 4 years old now and it has never had a loud running fan.

The 5th of October already. Before we know it, the holidays will be here. I always tell myself I will try to get more ready, ahead of time, but I rarely do, LOL. It just sneaks up on me. Next month is dd's birthday. I had her give me a few gift ideas yesterday, so now I just have to make sure I get the gift(s) ordered and sent in time. I have plenty of time, but it will slip away on me and then suddenly I will be in a panic trying to get her gifts to her on time.

I probably won't hear from dd today, until later this afternoon or evening. They are heading out bright and early this morning for a 7 mile hike. She said yesterday she had a goal for 2024 to do at least 6 hikes and a total of 25 miles. After today's hike they will be at 50 miles total, with 5 snowshoe hikes and 5 regular hikes. Good for them. I'm sure today's pictures she sends us will be beautiful, especially with fall colors.

My floor lamp in the living room has stopped working. DH said if we get a new lamp socket, he can try to replace that and see if it will work again. I see a replacement socket is only like $6 or $7. Much cheaper than a new lamp! But, of course dh is teasing me I just want new lamps. Well...he's not wrong...but I do still like these lamps fine and lamps are expensive. Maybe one day I'll get new ones when we replace the furniture.  

We had some wind and rain last night. DH was just coming back out of the shop when the garbage can decided to take a trip across the driveway, LOL. 

Wish me luck to catch the FedEx driver!

No comments:

Post a Comment