Thursday, May 1, 2014

It's a picture perfect day

Spring is my favorite time of the year. I love watching everything come back to life and bloom.  Some things I am sad only bloom for a short period, like my azaleas below, but soon others will be in bloom, like my rose bushes.  Ha - I see watch dog got his nose in the picture!



The 3 oak trees (different varieties) we planted last summer are getting their leaves now. Some year, when I am really old, they will be a lot bigger :)  The blocks around the island aren't finished. We ran out and need to go get more! I also need to pick up some plants to fill inside the driveway island.....just on the other side of that fence is where neighbor and DH held the meth head thief the other night.





My new hummingbird feeder. I haven't gotten any visits yet but I usually don't see them until this fuschia bush blooms and then they are regular visitors. It grows fast and by the beginning of summer will take up that whole bare area around it and it will bloom all summer long.




Weeds are all abloom too! I swear I could pick some every day!  This little area has gotten away from me.

Luckily these weeds are very easy to pull out, so it won't take long to clear out this area.

And while I was out and about the yard (throwing the ball to the dog the whole time) I also fed the barn kitties. This is the ladder they climb up to their "hut". We rarely see them but the food is gone every day, so they obviously spend some time up there.


4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of your yard. The flowering bush is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! It looks so bright outside. Great photos. Haha, ninja cats come in when you are not watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I love your azalea. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment! I will be sure to check out your blog :)

      Delete