Wednesday, October 16, 2013

iGoogle alternative

I use iGoogle and it's going away in a couple of weeks. I have searched for a similar alternative and one suggestion was Yahoo's "My Yahoo" page. I imported all my iGoogle settings, but Facebook does not come through. I am not finding any way to add Facebook, and that is one of the main things I want to see on my "page"...along with blogs I regularly read, the weather, etc.  When I search for an answer on how to add the content to My Yahoo, it says Facebook should come up or just type in the URL, but it always comes up as search cannot be found.  Frustrating.

If anyone knows of a good alternative to the iGoogle page, let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, try http://www.startme.com. It's a good alternative for startpage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am very sad that iGoogle is being discontinued. I tried igHome, and though it feels close, it isnt as good. Meh. The other one I've heard is Netvibes, but it seems a bit too much for what I want. I guess I'll really start looking once iGoogle closes, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a couple of weeks ago I noticed on my Comcast page, where I sign in to my email, a place to add a Facebook feed, so I added it, and now I don't see it anywhere! It was there for like one day. It looked liked the page was going to be something similar to igoogle, but I have no idea now what happened to it.

      Delete