Sunday, July 31, 2011

School clothes shopping - already!

Dd and I went school clothes shopping Friday night.  I usually have to split up the annual expense over the end of July paycheck and the end of August paycheck.  I had set a limit of $150 for last night but we ended up spending $169, sales tax of 9.3%, of course, brought it up.  I think she did pretty well for the money spent.  She got 2 pairs of shoes at Famous Footwear for $71 (including tax). It was buy one get one 50% off sale.  The Vans shoes were $45 and the dressy flats were half off at $20.  Then we hit Ross Dress for Less - 3 pairs of jeans ($20, $11, and $9ea) and 3 tops for $70.  Then she added a belt and some socks.  Total with tax came to $98.  I still think she needs a few more tops and maybe one more pair of jeans and we should be good to start high school with.  Birthday in November and then Christmas usually gets her the rest for the year.  She will need a new pair of tennis shoes for actually playing tennis, but that won't be necessary until after the first of the year.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. cocktail dresses in Australia

    ReplyDelete