I've spent my little bit of extra free time this week shopping for some good deals. So far, this is what I've got and spent:
(2) bottles of John Frieda shampoo (dd's favorite)
(2) Trial size Jergen's Natural Glow lotion
(1) Walgreen's lady's 6 blade razor w/refill cartridge
(1) Finish dishwasher tabs - 20 ct
(1) Infusium 23 Shampoo (what dh uses - he's brand loyal which makes bargain shopping tougher)
(1) 25 cent piece of candy/Yorks Peppermint - I hate Walgreens coupon policy that you have to have same number of items as coupons and Register Rewards used are counted as a "coupon"
(1) Candy bar (again another Walgreen's "filler" item)
Total spent out of pocket $19.56 (with tax). I now have $10 in RiteAid UP rewards to use on a next purchase and $1 in Walgreen's Register Rewards to use on next purchase. Not bad and it is all stuff I will use. I've gotten pickier of late and not shopping just to get free products. If I can't use it I don't buy it - unless it turn out to be a "money maker", then I buy it and use the profit towards stuff I can use.
At this point I think I am going to hold on to my $10 in UP rewards until next weeks sales. There is a deal that includes the deodorant and soap dh uses. Spend $25 and get $10 UP. I can use the $10 I have towards my out of pocket expense and get another $10 to use in the future. Hopefully I can find some coupons on these items to make the deal even better.