Here are the answers to Louise's questions:
Favorite movie - that is so hard to pick one! I think the past few years it has been "The Holiday". I've probably seen it 10 times over the years - and Dd got it for me for Christmas.
What's your most frugal recipe? - I'd say it's a hashbrown casserole with cheese, bacon and green onions.
Which Superhero would you like to be? - I'm really not a big superhero fan....hmmm...Wonder Woman, I guess
If you could only read one book the rest of your life which would it be? - Ok, this will sound strange if you knew me personally, since I am not a church-goer or very religious person, but I would have to say the Bible! I can imagine it would be something I could read the rest of my life and learn from, if I only had one book to spend the rest of my life with.
Who was your favorite teacher and why? - honestly, no one really sticks out in my mind as far as a school teacher, but I'd say the person I learned the most from and who make me "think" the most was my Dh's best friend, who passed away last year. He had a way of teaching about him.
What brand name product do you refuse to give up to save money? Jif Peanut Butter.
Most memorable sporting moment you've seen? Watching my son win a national championship. If I said what it was for it would be TMI to keep my blog about me and my family anonymous, but it was very exciting for us all! He actually did it several times over the years but the last win, in the last year he participated, was so fulfilling and bittersweet at the same time. I remember my daughter saying right after he won, "I have the coolest brother, ever!".
The one makeup item you couldn't live without? Mascara
Do you have a nickname and how did you get it? No nickname
If you could chose any job what would it be? - I would chose to be a Stay at Home mom again! I loved those 5 years I got to stay home.
How did you meet your best friend? -I gave birth to her!! Honestly, she is my very best friend and we love doing stuff together. She even asked me to go with her and her girlfriends to a watch a school musical play coming up. I thought for sure she was going to be another boy, but I'm so glad she was a girl ;)
And the answer's to Mysti's questions:
- What financial decision would you still do, knowing what you know now? So many mistakes, that's a hard one to find an answer to. I think taking the job I have now. Dh was SO against it and we had a couple of terrible fights about it (I think mainly stemmed from his fear of change and the cost of commuting part time. The job I had was 2 miles from home) but it was THE BEST decision I ever made. Six years ago I was making $39k a year, started this job at $50k a year, now am making $63k a year and have the side jobs. He now, of course, admits I was very right to take it.
- First car? A Mercury Capri, which I ran into a tree, 2 weeks after I got it, trying to back out of my boyfriends tight driveway at night. My Grandpa fixed it.
- Favorite meal? Alaskan King Crab Legs
- Pancakes or Waffles? Pancakes
- If you could change your real name, what would you pick? Kathleen, I have always thought that a pretty name :)
- How did you meet your significant other? Through my best friend and her husband. Dh worked with her husband.
- How do you take your coffee? Lots of sugar (sweet n low) and creamer (sugar free). But, only one caffeinated cup a day. I'm allergic to caffeine and never drank coffee until about 8 years ago, but after getting hooked on Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha's I love coffee now. I can handle one small cup with caffeine but anymore than that and my heart is racing double time.
- What color do you have the most of in your wardrobe? purple shades
- If you had $10,000 to spend on a vacation (and only on a vacation!!!), where would you go? Ireland
- If you have kids...biggest parenting mistake. If you don't, what one thing do you hope you never do? I should have been/be tougher about regular chores
- What one thing do you not like to admit about yourself? I don't like doing regular chores! (lol)
And since I only have 9 followers to my little blog and most of them have probably already been tagged (as I see this is going around blogdom) I won't tag anyone else :) Thanks for asking me to share in the fun!