Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Working on Wednesday

Lots of nice rain yesterday. But, I see the forecast has us back up near 100 in a couple of days. Ugh. We've made it through day two of the invasion next door, LOL. No clue how many more days. I'm guessing somewhere between 12 and 28, haha. I'm hoping now that the twins are another year older (I think they will be 5 in October) there will be less screaming as a way of communicating. At least they brought no barking dog with them this time. That's a huge factor in all this every summer.

I used to eat Activia vanilla flavored yogurt quite often. Usually for lunch. But when I decided to cut down on sugar, I stopped buying it. I've tried plain yogurt, but no can do. I recently came across a recipe that uses plain greek yogurt, milk and sugar free pudding mix for flavor. Oh yes! this is awesome. I bought a container of Fage plain greek yogurt, (no added sugar) and I add in 1 cup of that, a cup of milk (I use Fairlife, which has half the sugar and twice the protein of regular milk) and a package of sugar free instant pudding mix. I tried cheesecake pudding mix first. So yummy! It's great for breakfast, lunch or snack. Tastes like a nice dessert treat. It gives me about 4 servings and some added no sugar cool whip is nice, too. Last night I made up some with banana cream pie pudding mix. It's good, too, but I'm liking the cheesecake best, so far. My other flavor I bought is chocolate pudding mix. Next time I'll get more cheesecake and also try vanilla. This way I get the benefits of yogurt again, in my diet, but without any added sugar. And instead of a bowl of ice cream (with chocolate syrup, of course) in the evening, I can have a bowl of this.

Not much else going on. As soon as dh is done mowing the lawn this morning and gets a quick shower, we're going to run into town to get his blood test done at the hospital lab. He wants me to go, because every year he goes into have this blood test done (PSA) and we check in at the desk, they say "oh, we don't have your info in our system, for some reason" and have to enter it all again, answer questions, put in insurance info, etc. He hates dealing with that stuff - immediately stresses him out. Hopefully this time it will just be matter of handing his insurance card and then he's checked in and they are usually quick to get him back for the blood draw. We shouldn't be gone too long.  Hoping his PSA level in low(ish) like last time.

1 comment:

  1. No barking dogs is a plus for you. Screaming all the time? That is a parenting problem.
    Your dessert/snack sounds delicious. I do like yogurt but need to find plain Activia. I need to get some plain yogurt but have chocolate pudding.
    I hate all that checking in, too, especially when the info is supposed to be there!

    ReplyDelete