Thursday, July 4, 2024

Happy 4th!

My plan today is to make some 4th of July sugar cookies. I haven't gotten down my container of various cookie cutters yet, but there must be a star in there, don't you think? I added some red and blue sprinkles to my Walmart order yesterday and was happy I actually got them and they weren't out. This morning I took some butter out to soften. I may have to speed up that process a bit faster this morning, as then the dough also needs to chill in the fridge for an hour or two after that. I only have ever made these cookies at Christmas. An old recipe from my mom. If they turn out ok, I'll share some with Mr and Mrs.

My plan for dinner tonight is homemade pizza. I usually buy a bag of frozen mushrooms because buying fresh, I never use them all up. But then I had a thought they other day - obviously they can be frozen! So, I bought some fresh mushrooms and what I don't use on the pizza I will freeze for a later use. I usually put on my pizza sweet italian sausage, olives and mushrooms, but this time I also got some red onion and a green bell pepper to add. I'm trying the Rhodes frozen dinner rolls one more time - if it's still not tasting as good as it used to, I'll find something else next time. I hope not, because it really was a great tasting pizza dough.

Does anyone use Sofi for banking? This came up last week when I was doing the bonus payroll. I was getting an error message for a savings account direct deposit for one of our employees. To save time, I just set his payment to go all into his checking. My boss let him know and he told her it was his Sofi savings and he'll get it figured out (I'm guessing he used the wrong routing or acct#). He told her he was getting 4.6% interest on his savings. Funny, but then both myself and my boss ended up looking up Sofi on the internet at the same time, haha. I messaged her, this is appealing - they are offering a $300 bonus, plus Rakuten is offering $125! She thought it was appealing as well and didn't know about Rakuten, other than her daughter has mentioned it to her before. I decided to look into it more while I am off this week. $425 extra for just transferring some money there, for 2-3 months, is a nice bonus. 

I'm sure it will be quiet here. No family visiting neighbors and the fireworks we typically hear are way off in the distance. Perfect.

5 comments:

  1. We use soFi for savings. I also have a checking account with very little in it, but I wanted the debit card and checks in case we ever needed the money that day. I’ve not had a bit of trouble with them. I can transfer money from Sofi to my local bank and have access the next day. Transfers to Sofi get credited slowly, depending on the amount. We have most of dh’s check put into Sofi savings, and then if/when I need it I just transfer it to my local bank. I loved all the money perks for signing up-free money is the best kind. I think there are other online banks that might pay a bit higher interest, but my dd has used soFi for years and been very happy, so that’s what he decided to do.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adding-to get the most bang for your buck you need to set up direct deposit. When we did it they were paying up to $500 I think, depending on the amount of the direct deposit. Like I said, we deposit most of dh’s check in there, so we got the full $500. You get money for referrals too, but I’m not sure how much. Dd referred us. She also referred our youngest.

      Delete
    2. That's smart to also have the checking w/debit so you can get some money out of it fast, if need be. $500 was a good reward, it's only $300 now

      Delete
  2. I've used SoFi for several years and it's worked really well! I have a local credit union as well for actual in-person banking, but SoFi has been great for checking, savings, and even a credit card account.

    ReplyDelete