Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Wednesay shopping and errands

I was up at my normal time on my first day off. Doesn't matter, it's just when I wake up no matter for work or not. Plus we were leaving mid morning to go to the city for a couple of stops and pick up groceries. First stop was to drop off the ring the young guy accidentally dropped in our driveway. We also owed his grandfather $50 on the lift installation, as he had forgotten to add the cost of the oil he used, so dh put both in an envelope. We met the young guy where he works and gave it to him. He was happy to get the ring, as he said his girlfriend had given it to him. Dh also texted the grandfather to let him know we gave the $50 to his grandson to give him.

Then we went to Harbor Freight for dh to pick up some "wheel chocks". I didn't know that Harbor Freights website tell you which aisle something is in, so he had me look that up before we got there, so we were quick to find what he needed. He's also been wanting a particular floor jack that they never have in stock. When we went to check out the girl asked him if he found everything and he said well, you always seem to be out of the off-road floor jack. She said I think we have some in back...she looked on their computer and they had 9 in back, so they brought one out and we bought it.

Then I went into the grocery store for the hamburger patties I get there, and they were out. I forgot they probably would be out, due to 4th of July. Oh well, I do have almost 2 bags still, so that should get us through at least a couple more weeks for making dh's burgers for dinners. I saw they had 12 packs of Mountain Dew on sale, so I grabbed 4 of those to stock up on. (even though I already had some 24 packs with my Walmart order). Then we went to Walmart and got our order picked up. We've been using these collapsible bins we got at Costco to put the bags in and that makes carrying all the bags into the house much easier. We also stopped at Wendy's for lunch to eat on the way home and were home by 12:30 or so.

I had cleaned out the fridge this morning of old stuff that needed to be thrown out, so I had lots of room for all the new food. We are doing well with our new upright freezer in the garage and still plenty of room in that, so I don't think we really need to keep the chest freezer. We've been hanging onto it to make sure the upright was big enough for everything.

I took a nap for about an hour while dh was out working on something in the shop. I heated up some mini tacos for dh's dinner. I wasn't super hungry after having the chicken burger for lunch, so I just had some apple slices with peanut butter. Still YUM! Now dh is washing the pickup and I decided to get this blog post typed up. I guess I'd better go out and get the flowers watered. We had a sprinkle of rain late this afternoon, but not enough to water.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You were busy, weren't you. I love the days when I get so much done. Have a wonderful weekend! Happy Independence Day, Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! and I'll check out your blog :)

      Delete