Sunday, July 7, 2024

Weekend whatnot

We were gone all day yesterday. Left the house at 8am for about an hour drive to go to a car show and spent all day gone. It was a hot day, that got to 85, but we managed to spent most of it in shade, so that helped, but we were booth pooped by the time we got home. I took a nap and then went to bed at 9:30. Somehow I managed to get myself back outside around 7:30 to water all my flowers. I almost just skipped it and would do it this morning, instead.

We ended up chatting with a couple of guys that were from our town (that we didn't know previously, but knew the name of one of them), but the car show had super loud music going and it was hard to hold conversations. DH likes to take pics and likes to talk to people, but this event was hard with the music being so dang loud. Anyway, it was something to do to get out of the house for a change. We did take a packed lunch with us, so saved not having to eat at a restaurant or fast food.

I think I found a couple pairs of pants on Kohl's website I'm going to get and see if I like them. I want something for the cruise, in addition to jeans (which is all I have, other than a couple pair of dress pants). I also found one cute top, so far. I hate trying to shop - go to "women's tops" and there's 800 pages and none of it I seem to like, LOL. I think I found my socks! My last pair (of these socks, I have others, LOL) got a hole this week. These socks I found on Kohl's website look to be just like what I have, so I'm going to order them as well and keep my fingers crossed. The only issue that has me worried is the description says they are regular sock sized to fit shoe size 5-10 but in the cart the description says fit shoe sized 9-11 (I wear a size 7). So which is it? I tried to read some of the reviews and a couple said they were too big - other's said they were the right size, so I'm hoping they are normal size. I just place my order for 2 pants, 1 top and socks and was able to stack a % off coupon and a $15 off coupon so it came to $56. I was very surprised to see it was free shipping.

There is some state land on the other side of the main road from our houses. Through the trees you can see a couple campers have been there since Thursday, camping. Gotta laugh - 90% state or fed lands in our county and you pick a spot to camp right near houses?! LOL. At least they have been very quiet and most likely they will be gone today. On each end of our neighborhood is state land of like 20 acres each (maybe one is 40). Might as well park there! You'd at least get to see the river while you are camping :)

6 comments:

  1. I am someone who cannot bear loud music, unless I am at a concert where the point is to hear music. It's one of the reasons I finally stopped teaching dance. I also can't bear background music, especially during meals. I also cannot stand to have the radio on in the car anymore. Yeah, I am real fun at parties! Thankfully my kids are similar...sure, I can hear youngest kid's car stereo bass when he pulls into the garage, but none of them ever subject me to their music either in the house or the car. To be clear, it not the choice of music, I just can't stand noise anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind it in the background at an event like we went to, but not to the point you can't even think, let alone try to talk to someone you are standing right next to. I think the older I've gotten, I'm the same way. I rarely listen to music in the car anymore or if I do it has to be turned down really low.

      Delete
  2. I'm the same; I can't take loud music anymore.
    We go to a work dinner dance each year and I always look forward to chatting to one particular elderly lady - lately though we've had to stop once the disco starts and it's so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way at noisy restaurants, too. I like to be able to hear the people at my table.

      Delete
  3. Noise bothers me so much lately. Outdoor events have the music too loud! I don't want the radio on in the car at all. For a long time now, speakers behind me give me a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate going somewhere where the music is so loud you can't talk. I'd maybe understand if it was a young person's place or a gym (although that drives me bonkers too), but to me it acts like insect repellant and I can't wait to get away!

    ReplyDelete