Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Tuesday this and that

I had ordered some chocolate flavored protein powder that you mix with milk (or water) from Walmart that arrived yesterday, so I tried it out for breakfast this morning. I kept stirring and stirring and it sure wouldn't mix up very well. It really needed to be shaken or in a blender, I guess. I then remembered I had this "shake bottle" I had gotten with something else ordered awhile back, so I poured it in that and gave it a good shake and that worked to get the powder all dissolved and it tastes ok. Chocolately flavor, but not quite as sweet tasting as the Carnation, but that's ok. WAY less sugar (only 2 grams) and much more protein so this will be a good substitute for the Carnation instant breakfast, when I run out. Even if I can still find the Carnation (after I run out of what I just ordered last week) I'm going to switch to this, just because it's healthier. DD then sent me a link to a cheap little milk frother wand, so I'm going to add that to my Amazon cart.

In other Walmart news I got a notification in the mail that Walmart is discontinuing it's 5% cash back credit card. That is really a bummer. Apparently I will be sent a Capital One Quicksilver card as a replacement that only earns 1.5% cash back. I average over $300 a year cash back with the 5% and now that will only be about $90/yr.

DH was going to go into the lab at the hospital for the PSA blood test he needs done for his upcoming dr appt next Monday. I decided to call in first to make sure his dr office called in the order for the test. Nope, they didn't have it. So, then I had to call his dr office and leave a message. About 45 min later a nurse called me back and said she did fax it in way back when I made the appt, but she just did it again and it shows the fax went through. We're just going to wait until tomorrow to have him go in, now. But, I think I'll call back a little later today to make sure they got the order/fax. 

We've been getting some rain this morning and only 65 degrees today. Much nicer outside, that's for sure.

I can't believe it's already the end of July tomorrow.  We are less than 6 weeks away from our cruise!

4 comments:

  1. Well that sucks about wm card. I got something in the mail, but I just threw it away figuring it was a privacy policy. I will probably stop using that card and just use my main visa. The only place I use the other one was wm, for the cashback.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost threw mine away too, but decided to see what it was. It does suck!

      Delete
  2. After I almost threw away an insurance rebate for $65, I never throw away any envelope without opening it.
    I looked at protein powder and found they were made with pea protein or had artificial sweetener or another ingredient that I cannot eat, so I gave up. I eat nothing with a Walmart brand.
    Tommy has a Sam's Club card he uses for the rebate. I wonder if that will be affected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This powder is whey protein, no pea protein, but does have stevia in it. What's the difference between Walmart brand and Sams Club brand food? It's owned by the same company.

      Delete