1) the FHA appraisal on our house is on Wednesday. Let's hope no issues. I don't know what there could be at this point. We did go ahead and put a new roof on the house last week. Roofers opinions were about 3 years life left and FHA requires at least 2 years, so we just decided to do it, so there would be no problem. So, with that expense we will end up getting the same out of our house as we would have if the first offer had gone through. DH got up on roof today to put the sun screen things we have over our skylights back on. The damn roofers didn't even seal our skylights back down! just set them there. Thank goodness DH got up there and noticed that, as it's supposed to rain starting tomorrow.
2) that old lien on our house (we didn't know about) from right before our bankruptcy? The one I have been trying to get rid of since April? The one the attorney told me would be taken care of in mid July, then it got pushed out to August 2nd? Ya, that thing. I emailed my attorney's assistant on Aug 3rd to inquire and was told no problems, they should have the signed off order any day. Then she called me on my way home Thursday. "Don't panic, but the judge has a brand new clerk just out of law school and he screwed up your file and didn't get it to the judge to sign off on. Now judge is out of the country and won't be able to sign it until the 15th". GOOD GRIEF!
It sure would be nice if something would just go smoothly for once.
3) Got a nice surprise in the mail yesterday. My side job sent me a $200 gift card. They gave one to all employees for their company anniversary and sent me one too :) That will come in very handy. I'll have to use it up before we move, as those stores are only local here. It's a store that has everything - groceries, clothing, electronics, hardware and garden center, so I won't have any problems finding stuff to spend it on.
4) We're actually a "back up offer" on 2 houses right now. It sounds like both current offers are pretty sure to fail. We like both houses pretty much equally and they are same price, so we will be happy with either one. Though one had to have radon mitigated.....we have no experience with that, but keep getting told it's not really a big deal. It has some kind of system and tester on the house now, to make sure it's not seeping in the house and the levels are testing under the max acceptable. It's making me kind of nervous, so I'm kind of hoping the other house comes up first. It sounds like we'll know more on Monday as to this house for sure having the sale failed.
We kind of know the owner of the second house, which is how we found out his sale is failing. He is one of the builders we talked to last Spring. He had mentioned at the time he was putting his house in town up for sale in a couple of months. DH saw it online for sale, but at that time we weren't really looking at that price and our first offer and failed and we hadn't sold yet. He called him up a couple of weeks ago to ask him if he sold, if not, would he be maybe interested in renting it out to us. He said he just got an offer and was supposed to close near end of August. DH told him if anything changes to let us know. He called Friday morning - 12 hours after we put in our back up offer on the other house and said his sale was failing. We had kind of decided not to do a back up offer, but he called again on Friday and said the offer got rescinded. So, we put in an offer, but apparently his first offer still hasn't gotten rescinded.....at least that is what his agent is telling our agent. We thought it was kind of a done deal, since he told us it was rescinded. Not sure exactly what is going on, but not going to stress about it, like I said, either house is fine with us for the next couple of years, until we can build.
5) DH almost has the 53ft trailer all loaded. There's room for about one more pallet of stuff. It was fairly easy for him to load it all with borrowing our neighbor's forklift and then using his pallet jack to move into place inside the trailer. A friend has agreed to haul it over for us, with his truck and we will be paying him to do that. Still cheaper than hiring movers, that's for sure. We will be re-selling the trailer as soon as it's unloaded and done with it, so should be able to recoup most of the money spent on it.
6) we'll be renting a u-haul for all the stuff in the house. Either DD's BF or another friend will drive that over for us, while we drive our cars. We might need BF to use his pick up with canopy to haul stuff too.
and all that is IF we even actually get to move......until we are closed and signed off, I'm not counting the chickens I don't have yet!