Saturday, November 3, 2012

Catching up on the week

I was up at my usual Saturday morning 7:15am time (thanks to puppy!). I spent about 45 minutes getting some work done for my side job.  Third quarter financials and info sent off to their CPA for a meeting the owners have with him next week. Feels good to have all that out of the way and not have to worry about for another quarter.

Later my mom, grandma and I are going to go over to eat where DD works - haven't seen her in action yet! It's a pretty pricey place for breakfast food so we haven't eaten there in a long time, but mom is paying so I wasn't turning down the invitation.

I didn't get to see DS all week. He's been working quite a bit for the computer repair shop that is about a 40 minute drive from our house, so he's been staying at his girlfriend's apartment during the week to save on gas. I miss him so much when he's gone! He got home last night but I only got to see him for a few minutes before I went to bed. DD and I had gone over to her school to watch a play that one of her best friends had a lead role in and we didn't get home until 10:30 last night. I really enjoy watching the high school plays and musicals they put on and this was the first time her friend had a lead role. She did great and so did the male lead. DD took her some flowers to give after the performance.

The puppy is doing well and we are all adjusting to him and he is adjusting to our home. His vet visit earlier in the week showed his weight has doubled to 30 pounds since we got him! He does have dry skin, which explains why he's been scratching so much. We're adding a fish oil pill to his food daily now, but probably won't see the benefits of it for about 4 weeks. He hasn't had an accident in the house for over a week so I think we've rounded the corner on that issue. He's figured out how to jump up on furniture and beds now - eek!

DH has still been feeling extra crappy all week, so we haven't started him on his new med yet.  The doctor said to wait until he was feeling his usual crappy self so we'd know if he was feeling better from the meds and not because his overdoing it last weekend was finally wearing off.

Well, the kitchen is a disaster and I'd better go clean up. DD didn't get time to empty the dishwasher yesterday afternoon and we had to leave for the play right after dinner and neither of us felt like cleaning at 10:30 last night, especially when she had to be up and out for work early this morning.

Enjoy your weekend!


  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! I can't imagine my kids not being home - we're so immersed int he daily parenting right now, that I'm sure it will be a huge change.

  2. Some days full of every day moments and family are just the best. Wow, 4 generations, cool!